Bonds from the South African government might take a long time to mature, but they are just about risk-free and an excellent savings tool.
- Government-issued, but you can get them at your local Post Office
- Almost risk-free; backed by the government
- Nontransferable (it is in your name and you can’t give it to someone else)
- You must have a South African identity document and be over 18 to buy
- You must have an account with a South African financial institution
Learn more on the RSA Retail Bonds website.